Monday, April 7, 2014

Yoshida

Hello! It's Cherry, and I have another sushi restaurant to tell you guys about~

So, barely five minutes away from where I live is a sushi restaurant called Yoshida. Whenever I'm in the mood for sushi, but don't feel like driving for more than ten minutes, I just head over and grab a quick bite.


I'm a huge fan of all types of sashimi! I first ordered a plate of yellowtail sashimi. Usually, I try to stick with the sashimi instead of the sushi, as I fill up super quickly if I eat the rice. The yellowtail tasted absolutely delicious, despite it being cut a bit thick. 


Next is the scallop carpaccio :) My parents ordered this and I was lucky enough to snag one piece to try! There are small slices of bell pepper on top of the scallop, and the sauce is just a combination of soy sauce and a bit of oil (not sure what kind). Without the sauce, I can imagine it would taste very plain (especially because you don't eat this dish with wasabi). With the sauce, it had a slightly salty flavor. The scallop itself was very soft and easy to chew. For those of you who haven't tried raw scallop, I suggest trying out a dish like this one.


Above is my all time favorite: sweet shrimp! Eaten raw, it's usually eaten like normal types of sashimi. It has a slightly chewy, interesting texture, and like its name suggests, is a tad bit sweet. When you order the sweet shrimp, you'll have the option of having fried shrimp head, or having the shrimp head put in a bowl of miso soup. I usually choose the soup, and this restaurant's miso soup is neither too salty nor too bland.


Last but not least is the spanish mackerel. This might just be my second favorite "sashimi." I used the quotes because it is lightly seared on the surface (as you can see). The spanish mackerel does not need to be eaten with wasabi, and there's a light ponzu sauce over it with chives and little slivers of garlic. Again, I love the unique texture of this dish and the fact that its flavor is quite different from other fish. However, this is one of those dishes where you either love it or you don't. Give it a try, regardless! You never know :)

I would have to say that the downside, though, is the wasabi. It's definitely not the freshest or best quality, and just kind of sits in lumps in your soy sauce. That doesn't make for a pleasant sauce.
Also, this was my first time going there for lunch, and the service seemed a bit lacking. Maybe it was because there were very few customers at the hour, but the waiters and waitresses lagged quite a bit, lazing around with the passing hours. They seemed a bit impatient for some reason, and expressed irritation whenever my parents asked for them to repeat something they'd mumbled. 
Usually, the service is terrific whenever I go to Yoshida for dinner, but lunch hours might just be a completely different story.


That's it for my sushi post (is this my first one?)! Go and check out Yoshida for a nice sushi dinner~ Thank you guys for reading, and I'll see you all again soon!
-Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment