Monday, January 27, 2014

Nikki's Food Posts

If you use Yelp and live in the LA area, I'm sure you've heard of Marugame Monzo. Or not. Either way, it's a restaurant to talk about. Located in Little Tokyo, I believe they are the most famous udon restaurant in the area.
I would recommend this place to Japanese food fans. As long as you go early (and know where to park, 'cause street parking costs $8), there shouldn't be much of a wait, for lunch at least. The downside is that they rush you, but that's understandable since it is a small restaurant. They wouldn't sit us because we only had 2 out of 3 people, but like I said before, it was understandable.
Gosh this is sounding like a Yelp review. Oops.


I forgot to take pictures of my food so this was my mom's uni udon and my dad's beef bowl. We ordered three dishes (including my tempura udon) and we were pretty filled up. 
The seafood soup base (which is their universal soup) was mediocre in my opinion, but the texture of the udon was nice.
Perhaps it's because I like simple foods, but the beef bowl was my favorite dish on our table :3. But you can't share so shhh.

The address: 329 E. 1st, Los Angeles, California 90012

No comments:

Post a Comment