Saturday, February 22, 2014

Krispy's BIRTHDAY Food Posts!


Hey Everyone! \ ( • w • ) /

It's Krispy c:
Guess what~?
It's my birthday soon! :D
I went out for an early birthday dinner with Cherry c:

We went to the chain Benihana, a Japanese restaurant that is mostly circled around Tepenyaki-style dining.

*Cherry and I are actually not fans of greasy/buttery foods, so we each ordered a Sashimi Plate. (We both love sashimi btw.)

The starter was a mushroom/chives soup, and honestly it was really salty and tasted like soy sauce mixed with water. 
There was also a salad, that had a good amount of greens and tomatoes. That was good, but I always say that starters can take away the real taste of the main dish.


So the sashimi plate had 5 different types of fish with 3 slices each. The fish was not of GREAT quality that day, but it was alright and wasn't too fishy. 
Cherry enjoyed it X)


The presentation was really pretty, and there was a good amount of wasabi and ginger.
You can see the fish has a nice color, but it didn't taste as good as it looked.
I would reccommend getting a smaller plate of sashimi/sushi if you wish to get raw fish dishes, but it is pretty pricey (1pc -- $3.20+). 


The others enjoyed a nice tepenyaki dinner, where a chef stood in front of us and cooked different meats, rice, and veggies.
They ordered a fried rice, filet mignon, and lobster/shrimp combo.
They really enjoyed it, but it is really buttery food, so I wouldn't reccomend it for a light meal.


Onions


Lobster and Shrimp

As you can see, the grill is right in our table! :D Cool, right?

For dessert, they gave me a free ice cream! (Left is mine, right is Cherry's.)

Green tea flavored.


Rate this meal: 7/10 *^^*

Thank You guys for reading! c:
(Sorry I missed last week ; - ;)

- Krispy
P.S. I'll post my second b-day dinner later this week! And how about a new vanity tour? c; 

No comments:

Post a Comment