Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bottega Louie

Hello! The other day, I went to this restaurant/patisserie for dinner with my family and it was called Bottega Louie. It was my second time dining there, but I hadn't been there in so long that it felt like it was my first visit! It has a candle light dinner type of feel, but leans toward the casual side. There's a bit of a wait before you can get a table (no reservations), so it's basically a time where you can chat with whoever you go with for a while, or crack open a book to read as you wait.

Being an Italian based restaurant, the menu consists of, obviously, Italian food! There are salads, pizzas, pastas, soup, steak, and multiple other sides and dishes.

Here's what I ordered:


Because I don't have a very big appetite, I skipped the salads and soups and went straight to the main course. I'm fairly sure this dish above was called the trenne pasta (but don't quote me on that!). Basically, it's a pasta that's cooked until it's nice and crispy, and while people think it's overcooked, it really isn't. There's some spinach and short ribs hidden within the dish, and a very light tomato sauce coating it. I wouldn't exactly recommend this dish, mostly because the pasta texture didn't appeal to me, but that's just my own personal opinion. Who knows? Maybe you'll enjoy it ^^!


This lovely dessert above is the chocolate soufflé! It takes about 20 minutes to make, so the waiter recommended ordering it at the same time as we ordered our entrees. As you can see, the milky syrup was poured onto the soufflé to add a slightly sweeter taste, but I would skip that part if the chocolate is sweet enough for you. This wasn't the best soufflé I'd ever had (perhaps I'm just too picky), but it was definitely worth a try. 

And of course, because Bottega Louie has an amazing selection of desserts, I just had to buy a few to take home.


The packaging they use is absolutely adorable! Above is a small box they use for cakes (and depending on the sizes, the boxes have different colors). 


Here is the princess cake. The outside is, of course, chocolate (did I ever mention how much I'm in love with chocolate?) with little chocolate flower decorations. The red is icing just to add a bit more decor. Inside is chocolate mousse and at the very bottom is.... a macaron cookie :o! I'd never had anything like this before and was surprised at the unique touch they added. The chewy texture of the macaron went perfectly with the soft and smooth mousse. It's a little bit too sweet, so I wouldn't have too much at a time, but I loved every bite of it!



Last but certainly not least, we have a box of thirteen macarons! Bottega Louie has a selection of twelve different types of macaron flavors. Unfortunately, they were sold out of a flavor, so I only managed to get eleven, but I got an extra of the earl grey and vanilla macaron to fill up the box. Along with those flavors, they have raspberry, strawberry, rose, chocolate orange, lemon (I believe), espresso, lavender,  pistachio, and... well, there's definitely one that I can't remember >< but, they're all amazing! The cookie part is nice and chewy, and the cream on the inside is just as delicious. What's also unique is that the earl grey macaron has edible glitter on it~

And that pretty much sums up my second visit to this wonderful restaurant and patisserie! If you're into sweets more than you're into the actual meal itself, I would give this place a visit. 
Here's the address: 700 S Grand Ave, Lost Angeles, CA 90017

Thanks so much for reading my post, and I hope to see you guys again next time :)!
~Cherry




No comments:

Post a Comment