Sunday, February 9, 2014

Krispy's Food Posts!

Hey everyone! c:
So recently I went to a restaurant called Chosun Galbi, a place in Korea Town LA that focuses on (as you can guess) galbi! :D
I've gone there before; it's a great place to go with bigger parties (4+), and there's a great enviroment. It's a pretty spacious restaurant and all the waiters and waitresses are very polite.
They have valet parking!
The valet are quick and efficient in getting you in and out the restaurant. Inexpensive, and saves you the time looking for a parking space!

So let's get on with the food.
I'm not much of a meat-eater myself.
I prefer noodle and veggie dishes when it comes to barbecue (I'm not vegetarian).
First things first: the menu! 


So the menu is written in Korean mostly, but there is an English description next to the korean, and it's pretty easy to get by just pointing at the words when ordering. 
Menus are clean. You would think I wouldn't have to say that but trust me, I have seen some nasty stuff in menus.

Next: the grill!


The grills are always clean.
Don't worry about the hygiene because as usual, they will switch the grills between every 2-3 meat dishes, depending on what it is.

The next thing that arrived was the banchan (side dishes) and starter salads.


The banchan is good, man.
They have fish cake, pickled radish, the obvious kimchi, and just things from all over the rainbow. 


These things all come out before meals and are usually complimentary. 


So along with the banchan, a salad is also handed out to each person. The salad has a very small amount of dressing, which I believe is ponzu sauce, a type of Japanese soy sauce that is a bit tart. I think the salad is delicious, but theres is too little dressing to the point where all you taste is the spring onion mixed in with the lettuce.

Now on to my personal favorites: the noodle and soups! 

So the first thing that was ordered was a Spicy Ox Bone Soup, which contains different veggies and some glass noodles (chapchae).


The soup comes in a large stone pot and is usually handed out in bowls by the waiter. 
I would say it is pretty spicy, but we also ordered the Non-spicy Ox Bone Soup, and it is just as delicious so don't be afraid if you can't handle the spice! You aren't left out! :)

Next is Naengmyeon (cold noodles).

Hey, so you're probably wondering, who eats naengmyeon in the winter time? So weird.

But for me, having naengmyeon while eating bbq is bliss.

The meat is salty and hot, and the naengmyeon is a great cooler after the initial devouring of the meat.

Now to the main attraction: the meat!


This is beef. So this is a dish of raw beef that is traditionally eaten raw along with strips of radish. It is served cold, almost frozen, and is easy to eat. It is not chewy or bloody.

I was not used to eating raw meat straight-up, but after trying this dish several years ago, I'm not so scared to try! XD


Now for the real stuff.
Pictured is short-rib, and is served with the onion slices and mushrooms. 
Delicious.
It takes no more than ten minutes to cook thoroughly, and is delicious when dipped in sauce.

We ordered other types of meats as well, and I personally liked the bulgogi, which is good for kids and is delicious with rice.

Beverages!
My family ordered a beer and shared it, and it was not too strong and our table of 9 cleaned off two bottles without one person getting tipsy whatsoever.
Soju is usually the drink you would have with bbq.

I love this restaurant, but it is a high in fat meal so I wouldn't reccomend more than 2 times a month. (But you know, I probably won't follow my own advice.)

Thanks for reading my food posts! ^^*
Have a great weekend/week, everyone!
And if you ever visit Korea Town in Downtown LA, be sure to go to this restaurant for a good time! c:

Talk to you all later! 
- Krispy 

1 comment:

  1. Ponzu is soy sauce mixed with the Ponzu citrus and it is simply delicious ^^
    I haven't eaten out in a while and all these food posts are making me itch for a restuarant

    ReplyDelete