Saturday, March 1, 2014

Krispy's Food Posts c:

Hey guys! :D Guess what?
I went for sushi. Again.
Obviously I have sushi alot. 
But what's not to like? 

So this friday I went with my cousin and sister to try a sushi place down in Pasadena. (She had a groupon.) 
-It is Korean-owned, so they can speak both English and Korean. 

(Pictured: restaurant on friday night.)



The decor is really comfortable and open. 
It wasn't busy when I went, but I have read that it is especially busy on weekend nights and some weekday lunches.

Complimentary: miso soup.
You can have a free cup of miso soup. 
(1 per. person.)
The soup was... justifiably free. 
To put it nicely.
But remember: don't just take something for the sole reason that it's free.
Pictured: miso soup.



Now on to the real food!


My sister does not eat raw fish, so she ordered a bowl of seafood udon.
The udon was delicious.
For those not a fan of sushi or fish, this udon is the thing for you! c:
I tried it for myself and it was a really comfortable, warm and non-overpowering food. 
Reccomended for anyone who likes noodles and a simple dinner.

On to the sushi/rolls/fish! 


We ordered a spicy tuna salad, which had alfalfa sprouts and fish eggs on top, with a big clump of raw spicy tuna on top. The dressing was ponzu sauce. (Ponzu is a japanese type of soy sauce that is very tangy and in my opinion; very delicious in salad.)

A big con for me was the texture of the tuna. It was a bit too crumbly, and I think having the tuna cut into more diced pieces would have made the dish lighter and have a better texture. Also, the tuna-lettuce was a bit off.



Well I'm a huge advocate for raw tuna. I have a thing for it.

So I ordered two plates, which is 4 pieces (2 pieces per order).
One order is $3.29, which is almost 6 dollars less than an order of sashimi.
So, I recommend getting the sushi rather than sashimi; there is not much difference, only the addition of rice.

My sister, again, does not eat raw fish, so california rolls are one of her favorite! I myself am not a fan, but I know many people are c: 
My sister and cousin told me that the roll was very thick cut and that it frankly wasn't very good. 
Honestly, if you're looking for japanese food, I wouldn't judge it off the california rolls.

The tuna was very delicious and not too fishy. :) 


Last thing we ordered was the Geisha Roll.

Description: The Geisha Roll was a big roll with two pieces of tuna, one piece of salmon, cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts.
The sauce around it was mayo/ponzu combination and the red dots are sriracha sauce. 

I really liked this roll.
It was good for a tuna lover like me, and it was quite filling. (The pieces are wider than the standard roll.)

The only cons were that they fall apart easily, and that they were sitting a pool of mayonnaise. But who knows? Some people may like that. It's only my opinion. 

So, as you can tell, it was a small amount ordered, but it was a very filling meal.
All together, (along with a groupon for $20 off) it was $22.25. So not cheap, but not very expensive. Worth the money, to put it simply! ^^

I liked the calm atmosphere and the friendly service. The waitress was very nice and attentive, which is aleays great to me.
Food came pretty fast, 15 minute wait tops. 
Overall: 8/10 ! :) I recommend it!

I hope if you're ever in the area, you can try Yes Sushi and tell me what you think! :) 

Thanks for reading guys, and I promise: no food post next week! ^^*

-Krispy

No comments:

Post a Comment