Sunday, March 30, 2014

Royce' Chocolate

It's Cherry, and I'm back again with another post this week! Hoping to make up for lost time, so here's a lovely post about a chocolate shop I was introduced to about a year ago in NYC called Royce' Chocolate!
Founded in Japan, this chocolate store is infamous for their world class chocolates and their best selling Nama chocolates. The only locations are in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Brunei, Indonesia, Taiwan, and U.S.A. (only in New York)! They do not ship, which makes their chocolates even harder to obtain, but once you buy a box, you'll be begging for more!
My first time visiting was last year in the summer when I visited Columbia University. My aunt told my mother and me about it (specifically the maccha Nama chocolates), so we just had to visit. We bought two boxes of Nama chocolates (maccha and champagne), maccha chocolate covered almonds, and a box of chips covered with white chocolate (way more delicious than it sounds). We were then given a free box of maccha chocolates as a promotional gift!
Ever since then, I'd been craving for their out of this world sweets, and got a chance to buy more when I visited NYC to see some colleges this trip! I hit the chocolate store, bought two boxes of maccha chocolate, a box of dark chocolate covered chips, and got a free box of maccha chocolates (which I plan to give to my aunt who originally recommended this store).

Here are some pictures:


Above are the maccha (spelled this way on their website and in the store) Nama chocolates. If you love matcha desserts and sweets as much as I do, then you'll absolutely fall in love with these chocolates! In general, the Nama chocolates just melt in your mouth and have a taste that can't be replicated anywhere else! If you never thought you'd fall in love with chocolate, then you will once you give these a try.


These are the chocolate covered chips. I got the slightly bitter ones to try out (as I'm a fan of dark chocolate). The balance between salty and sweet, crunchy and soft is perfect and is a great, rare snack to have every once in a while. 

The shop itself is very small, but needs not be any bigger! It perfectly holds their variety of chocolate confections which range from the normal chocolate bars to biscuits covered in rich chocolate and filled with yummy jelly. Whenever you get a chance to visit one of their shops, definitely pick up at least one box of their Nama chocolates, or a chocolate bar. 

Here is the link to their website in case you wanted to check out some of their products:

Thank you guys so much for reading this post! Hope you discovered something new and something you'd be willing to check out. I'll see you all next time!
-Cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment